AP via Yahoo Sports: Colorado coach Karl Dorrell had a thought while flying back with his team from a lopsided Alamo Bowl loss last month.
”How far we have to go,” he said Friday in a wrap-up video call.
That’s why Dorrell hasn’t taken much time off since the 55-23 loss to Texas closed the chapter on his first season in Boulder. He’s evaluating everything, from coaches (the team recently let go of their defensive coordinator) to schemes to players as they build off a 4-2 campaign.
Colorado coach Karl Dorrell had a thought while flying back with his team from a lopsided Alamo Bowl loss last month. ''It was a good measuring stick of where we are as a program, and we're not close to where we need to be,'' said Dorrell, who w as named the Pac-12 coach of the year. Dorrell, who was hired in February after the sudden departure of Mel Tucker to Michigan State, didn't have a spring session last season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
—Recent News Feed Stories—
- Fact or Fiction? Tyler Shough will put up monster numbers at Texas Tech
- Marcello: College Football Playoff expansion is inevitable
- Husky 5-star signee Sam Huard expected to enroll in time for spring football
- New Coug Taariq Al-Uqdah says WSU means business
- Stanford adds DE Aristotle Taylor as late 2021 PWO commit
- Cal football moves safety Trey Paster to new position
- ADU Athletic Department Power Index for Pac-12 Conference
- Former Colorado All-American John Wooten a legend on and off field
- NCAA announces plans for tournament teams forced to withdraw due to COVID-19
- Unsigned No. 1 overall 2021 recruit has Oregon, USC & UW in his Top 5
- Report: UCLA Bruins spring football practice pushed back
- UCLA and DB transfer Kaleb Ford-Dement go separate ways
- USC offers the No. 1 2022 Oregon prospect, 4-star receiver
- Four Oregon football assistant coaches sign new contract extensions
- ASU a ‘dream school’ for 2022 safety Jaidan Scott
- Colorado’s La’Vontae Shenault picks up third traffic violation
- Athlon’s California Golden Bears’ 2021 spring preview
- Athlon: Five newcomers to watch for the Utah Utes
- UA’s Jason Terry still doesn’t know why he tried to stop LeBron James’ dunk
- Justin Herbert surprises Chargers fans on Zoom call to thank them for support
- Contract details released for Oregon safeties coach Marcel Yates
- Pac-12 Hoops Notes: Who’s In NCAA Tourney? Bill Walton Experience, Etc.
- 3-star ILB Taariq Al-Uqdah commits to Washington State
- Cal outside linebacker Tevin Paul not returning to team
- USC football adds former Texas safety John Bonney as quality control analyst
- NCAA to distribute entire $613M revenue if Tournament completed in entirety
- Huskies announce NIL program for student athletes
- Cal hoops seniors Grant Anticevich and Makale Foreman returning in 2021-22
- Is OSU’s Ethan Thompson finally worthy of All-Conference honors?
- UCLA football schedules games with HBCU schools in 2022, 2023
- Report: 2021 Pac-12 football schedule release pushed back
- WSU senior guard Isaac Bonton undecided about return next season
- Ex-Bear Aaron Rodgers to host 10 episodes of ‘Jeopardy!’ starting April 5
- Tiger Woods was on his way to play golf with Justin Herbert, Drew Brees
- OSU opting for later spring football practices in 2021, begin on April 6
- Hurley says ASU ‘circling the wagons’ after UW win
- Utah’s Larry Krystkowiak reprimanded by Pac-12 for criticizing officials
- UCLA dismisses track, cross country runner for alleged slurs
- How Utah landed former Baylor QB who led Bears to 11-1 regular-season record
- Oregon guard Chris Duarte first ever Duck named finalist for Jerry West Award
- Fact or Fiction? Tyler Shough will put up monster numbers at Texas Tech - February 25, 2021
- Marcello: College Football Playoff expansion is inevitable - February 25, 2021
- Husky 5-star signee Sam Huard expected to enroll in time for spring football - February 25, 2021